Sunday, February 03, 2013

Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2013 - Mumbai - 2nd to 10th Feb '13

Also follow me on Facebook Page - MissBoPeep

Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2013 commenced on 2nd Feb and will go on till 10th Feb. I was there at the festival last evening. This is my 3 consecutive year at the festival. 

My observation of the festival this year. 
I await for this festival every year with lot of enthusiasm. What excited me about the festival? Its one of the very few art festivals that Mumbai has which is celebrated at this level. Its lovely to see the people participation in this event. One gets to see people from all walks of life enjoying the festive mood. You may bump into a celebrity while you taking your pics against the art works and you will have to make you way through a sea of people. Art works displayed by various artists are always a delight to see. What I particularly like about these art works are the public social messages they have. Be it child abuse, domestic violence or the recent rape incidents. Shopping is another added attraction to the festival. Once can buy some lovely affordable art and handicrafts also also support a cause. There are a lot of NGO who put up stalls selling their merchandise. 

This year I reached Kala Ghoda at around 5.30pm. While I enjoyed the day light vision of the Kala Ghoda square whhere most of the art works are displayed, by the time we walk on to Rampart road where the stalls had been put up the sun had set and the lights where up. The art works as usual were lovely and brought it a lot of variety. Artist their set no boundaries for creativity. There were art works made with used plastic bottles, caps, wires and clothes. 
















What disappointed me what the patterns of the festival. Its been the same at least for the last 3 consecutive years. The stall have been set in the same manner. Most of the stall as exactly the same as last 3 years. What beats it all is the location of the stall are also the same. This brings in the monotony. 

Other than the vibrant colors, art work and people participation I am not sure if Kala Ghoda Art Festival  will invite me again next year.