Monday, December 24, 2012

Review – Lakme EyeColor –Quartet


Review – Lakme EyeColor –Quartet

I took my first step with eyeshadows with Naked 2 Palette. (That's my serious eye shadow application. I had a few eyecolors from Chambor, Lancome and Elizabeth Arden before that I used to just dab one some color on my eyelids). Naked 2 has the basic colors for everyday use, office wear. After having used it and loved it, lived in it. I could now take a plunge. I was now hunting for brighter colors of quads with colors like green, blue, pink, purple. Since it was the first time I was playing with these strong colors I did not want to invest in a MAC or Inglot individual colors. Instead I was looking for a palette which will have these colors for me. 


A friend then suggested Lakme EyeColor Quartet that is inspired by the famous Tanjore Paintings from Tamilnadu (Paintings made with rich vibrant colors and gold).  

The quad has (Clockwise)
  • 1.       Shimmery dirty purple, almost dark amethyst color.
  • 2.       Shimmery dirty green, almost dark emerald color.
  • 3.       Shimmery dirty red, almost dark red color.
  • 4.       Shimmery dirty gold color.


I was always apprehensive of using these colors. Generally these colors don’t go well with Asian skin tones but the colors of these pallete are mixed with the under tone of brown and black which makes it apt for our skin. Each color has a mix of yellow gold in it that suits most Indian (Yellow undertone) skin.

Green and Purple Colors

Price – 450/-

Longitivity – 4.5/5

Packaging – 3/5 ( Need attractive packaging)

Pigmentation – 5/5

Where I bought it from? - Alpha 2 – VileParle West – Mumbai

Will I buy it again? – This is going to last me forever.

 I don't have blue and pink now. Any quad suggestions girls??